Like most mums I am always on the hunt for a reliable spill proof bottle that I can use while we are out and about. So when I was recently asked if I would like to do a grip ‘n gulp review for Nalgene it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try a new product.
The first thing that struck me about the grip n’ gulp (in the ‘hoot’ design) is how sturdy it is. The bottle itself is light but really durable, it feels instantly like a quality product. This is exactly what you’d expect from Nalgene, a company that have been providing high quality products that have been taken up Everest by intrepid explorers. I love how after cracking one extreme environment, they move on to the next, the toddler! True though, toddlers are an ever changing, crazy whirlwind so it makes sense to market something truly hard wearing.
The bottle is easy to fill , the seal feels secure and is dishwasher safe. The only downside I noticed from an adult perspective is that the valve used to drink from is quite firm, however this didn’t bother Nye at all. He found it easy to hold and took to the design immediately.
Here are my favourite features:
- Side indents are easy for tiny hands to grasp
- Rubberized lid and smooth plastic mouthpiece make drinking comfortable
- Superior threading on cup and lid is engineered to prevent spills
- Durable TritanTM resists odors, stains, and residue
- Cup, lid, and removable sipper valve are all top rack dishwasher safe
- Lid loop can be clipped to backpack, diaper bag, or stroller
- This bottle is manufactured from Eastman Tritan TM copolyester that is manufactured without BPA
I received the Nalgene Frip ‘N Gulp free of charge for the purpose of this review. All words, opinions and photography my own.